"He turned out to be the cliché" clue 2

http://laineygossip.com/Articles/Celebrity/20397/Details/21311/Jon-Hamm-and-Jennifer-Westfeldt-Emmy-Awards-2011-19sept11

Jon Hamm looked bummed out when Mad Men won for Best Drama. Jon Hamm also has a man-crush on Coach Taylor. This is why we love Jon Hamm. Who looked, as usual, very handsome last night. And very chivalrously helped several ladies up on stage. And he loves his lady so much, Jennifer Westfeldt, which is why I wish, I wish so much, she would stop with the nonsense all up in her face. Because whatever she’s trying to fix with all that sh-t, it cannot be fixed with a needle or a filler, and this was the perhaps too-subtle point I was trying to make last week: she is too smart to be fighting it this hard; but a girl who is fighting it this hard, well, that’s a girl who’s probably holding on really, really too tight, right?
.
One day a few years ago, Antonio Banderas looked at his wife Melanie Griffith and he told her, “I love you so much, only you, and this is why I cannot accept any more plastic surgery because you don’t need it, I will still love you when you stop, I will always love you so please stop.”

Supposedly she did.

I wonder if Jon Hamm will say the same to Jennifer Westfeldt. I wonder if he will tell her that she is bright and talented, that she can write and create, that she is more than just a witless starlet running around pretending to be 25 forever, and that as such she doesn’t have to paralyse her face anymore, because it’s so much more interesting when it moves.

I hope he tells her that every day and she listens. I hope she listens and they make it.

Westfeldt’s Friends With Kids which screened at TIFF last week was just acquired yesterday by Lionsgate. I didn’t get a chance to see it but several of my colleagues did, and LOVED it.

September 19, 2011 at 4:37 AM

He turned out to be the cliché



Share/Bookmark
blog comments powered by Disqus
top